POV Pix: Making Machinima in Second Life

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

No More Machinima?

The debate seems to be gaining steam, and as with anything gaining in popularity, people are looking to control and profit from it. Apparently people are concerned with the capturing of images in virtual spaces, wether it be from a tool like Copy Bot or simpler methods like cameras.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. What I like about making machinima in Second Life is that there are materials, props, sets, and characters at my disposal, but is it wrong to use these things without permission. I don't feel guilty because I am not profiting from the work of others and anything I show is visible to anyone who wants to visit the same places I film, but there must be a side I am not seeing. If you have an opinion, please let me know.

moo Money does a good job of posting a few viewpoints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home